YouthSafe Outdoors conducts extensive, cross-referenced research and consultations to create accurate, user-friendly resources to support end-users. From 2017 forward, resources will be available to licensed users in both online and print format. Electronic formats facilitate streamlining of necessary paperwork in creating policies, forms, trip plan packages, instructional lessons and home support resources.
YouthSafe Outdoors publication resources include materials related to:
- Safety guidelines articulating community and industry custom
- Trip planning and adventure leadership
- Instruction for self-reliance in the outdoors
- Emergency procedures and incident follow-up
- Acknowledgement of risk and informed consent
- Home support and volunteering by parents/guardians
- Policy development and governance
- Legal liability, insurance and Occupational Health and Safety
- Program administration and procedures
- Additional references and resources (e.g., websites, organization contacts)
See YouthSafe Outdoors Projects and Initiatives for lists of specific resources created to date or under development.
Contact Youth Safe Outdoors at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this service