To maximize effective and efficient use of YouthSafe Outdoors resources, we offer a broad spectrum of training workshops and seminars. These hands-on opportunities increase commitment and capacity to use the YSO resources well, thus saving organizations countless hours in preparing for and administrating outings and helping ensure staff and families have peace of mind that activities are sufficiently safe.
In general, YSO provides workshops targeted at the following audiences:
- Central and School-level Administrators
YouthSafe Outdoors offers workshops on the following topics:
- YouthSafe Outdoors: A Primer for Central and School-level Administrators
- YouthSafe Outdoors: A Primer for Teachers/Leaders
- Developing Administrative Procedures and Forms to Support Off-site Activities
- Risk Management in Higher Care Activities
- Teaching Safety and Self-reliance in and for the Outdoors
- Post-Incident Management: What to do When the Unthinkable has Happened
- Legal Liability and Risk Management in Outdoor Recreation
- Risk Management Policy Development and Governance: Managing Within the Band of Acceptable Risk Tolerance
We remain open to requests for other customized training event development.
Contact Youth Safe Outdoors at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this service